Being able to inspect and report data usage in real-time can
significantly reduce how much data your employees are using. When one CIO became concerned about the
rising cost of her company’s data use, she found real-time alerts not only significantly
reduced their mobile data usage, but a byproduct she wasn’t expecting was
productivity overall increased.
As this company learned, all it took to significantly reduce
mobile expense cost was to identify policy thresholds and send alerts when data
usage reached these thresholds. No company today should be paying for the
out-of-control data usage habits of its employees especially when education and
alerts have been shown to be so effective.
With the help of MobilSentry™ Data Manager, now you don’t have to. Click here to learn more.
A Midwest Health Care Products Company with over 11,000 corporate-liable cellular devices and a monthly expense of $1.1M selected MobilSense to perform a one-time, 90-day optimization. During this time, MobilSense demonstrated their expertise by bringing their monthly cellular expense down to $850K along with reducing their device count from 11,000 devices to under 9,000.
From there, the project grew from a 90-day engagement to ongoing. Within a year’s time, the company’s monthly expense was cut by almost 50% from $1.1M down to $607K, for an annualized savings of $6.7M!
Click here to view the highlights and success factors.
The following factors have contributed to a rapid growth of non-business usage on business-liable smartphones:
- The increase of power and capability of mobile handsets where mobile devices are now as expensive as common laptops.
- Access to the proliferation of mobile apps of which create a wide range of useful functions, but most have nothing to do with business usage.
- The increase of bandwidth coupled with video access at your user’s fingertips makes it tempting to stream content during or after work hours.
- Companies lack visibility due to carriers being unable to provide detailed information regarding the sites visited during a data transaction.
- Lack of policy clarity combined with ineffective monitoring of employee usage further compounds the problem of the growing non-business data usage.
MobilSense helps clients avoid paying a penny over what they should be paying with proven techniques to manage and control mobile data usage. To find out how much you should be saving, click here to take advantage of our free Mobile Data Usage Assessment.