AOTMP released a research publication on the EMM marketplace, Real-Time, “Enhanced” Mobile Management that Contributes to Business Outcomes. Download the publication to see what capability they recognize as “essential for next-generation mobility management.”
Click here for a free copy.
Three mobile device questions to consider as you think about the move to 5G:
1. When will the carrier network technology be ubiquitous and affordable?
A. The major carriers have pilots running in major cities, but initially, are focused on routers.
- Verizon announced its 5G mobility network would go live in 2019, with 30 cities receiving 5G service by year-end. However, they have not specified which cities have been selected.
- AT&T went live on 5G wireless service in 12 cities in December 2018 – Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Louisville, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Raleigh, San Antonio, and Waco.
2. In this new era of 5G, a new phone will definitely be required. When will mobile devices that support 5G be available?
A. Moto has already rolled out the Moto Z3 that supports 5G. Apple is looking to launch 5G compatible iPhones in 2020 and Samsung’s Galaxy S10 is rumored to be released in May of this year.
3. How will I manage the increased costs of greater data use with likely higher data rate plans?
A. Managing data usage will be crucial to preserving mobile cellular budgets under 5G. For information on MobilSense’s mobile data management solution, click here.
A Midwest Health Care Products Company with over 11,000 corporate-liable cellular devices and a monthly expense of $1.1M selected MobilSense to perform a one-time, 90-day optimization. During this time, MobilSense demonstrated their expertise by bringing their monthly cellular expense down to $850K along with reducing their device count from 11,000 devices to under 9,000.
From there, the project grew from a 90-day engagement to ongoing. Within a year’s time, the company’s monthly expense was cut by almost 50% from $1.1M down to $607K, for an annualized savings of $6.7M!
Click here to view the highlights and success factors.