Today, MobilSense announced the acquisition of MobilePhire, a Mobile Data Management company. This is an exciting development for MobilSense! We will now be the only company to offer a combination of Managed Mobility Services (MMS) and Mobile Data Management (MoDM) originating from the same integrated technology platform. The MoDM niche is relatively new with just a few players. Of those, MobilePhire was the only company solely focused on cellular data management. MobilePhire offers the ability to identify, quantify, and selectively block the sites visited to bring clarity to data usage patterns of corporate provided devices. This functionality, along with MobilSense’s industry leading data pattern analytics will provide all the information necessary to monitor and enforce the mobile data use policies of corporate enterprises. Click here to read the Press Release.
The following factors have contributed to a rapid growth of non-business usage on business-liable smartphones:
- The increase of power and capability of mobile handsets where mobile devices are now as expensive as common laptops.
- Access to the proliferation of mobile apps of which create a wide range of useful functions, but most have nothing to do with business usage.
- The increase of bandwidth coupled with video access at your user’s fingertips makes it tempting to stream content during or after work hours.
- Companies lack visibility due to carriers being unable to provide detailed information regarding the sites visited during a data transaction.
- Lack of policy clarity combined with ineffective monitoring of employee usage further compounds the problem of the growing non-business data usage.
MobilSense helps clients avoid paying a penny over what they should be paying with proven techniques to manage and control mobile data usage. To find out how much you should be saving, click here to take advantage of our free Mobile Data Usage Assessment.