What is it? Why I should care.
Cyberloafing is a term used to describe the actions of employees who use their Internet access at work for personal use while pretending to do legitimate work. It is a growing problem. No company is immune.
- It has been estimated that between 60% – 80% of an employee’s time spent on the internet is spent doing something besides work (Aghaz & Sheik 2016)
- In 2014 website browsing on mobile devices eclipsed desktop browsing
- From 2014 to 2016, mobile data traffic increased by 350%
How to find out if it is a problem
MobilSense has industry-leading analytics to help you identify which employees may be using company data on their mobile devices for personal activities. No one else can give you this in-depth view. Here are just some of the steps we take in helping you assess the magnitude of the problem within your company mobile device users:
- Identify top users. In particular, those that appear repeatedly as top users
- Segment users by brackets of sustained excessive data usage
- Detect users that are likely streaming video
- Evaluate usage by work hours and night and weekend usage
- Quantify the total data cost of excessive usage
Finding out is Free
For a limited time, MobilSense Technologies is offering a free 10-point Mobile Data Usage (MDU) Assessment.
Click here to learn more